Chinese New Year 2012

1/31/2012 10:53:00 PM


Happy Chinese New Year! 
May the year of the Dragon brings you abundance of happiness and luck!

Unleash the DRAGON in you! 

For the record, this is the third year that i celebrated CNY in KL. The reason for not going back to the hometown this year was because my sister has her final exam one/two days before CNY and everyone bought their air tickets already so being the caring and obedient brother as always i stayed here to company her throughout the whole week of the celebration.


There really are nothing to do besides shopping at the malls. We wandered around KL city and did a lil shopping because we didnt really get to shop before CNY amidst the hectic first week of uni/work. 


The famous DRAGON in Pavilion. I think they did a great job setting the deco up. One of the best deco seen in KL during my 3 years CNY experience here,ha. because i'm a dragon baby too wtf. I'm pretty surprised that most of the major shops are early/closing during CNY's eve and the actual day itself. I thought they will operate like normal hours.


I heard this fishes are signs of good fortune and luck. Looked after this pond of fishes while my eldest sister's family were back to Sabah. There really is a very calm feeling while looking at the fishes. It just sets me into a really zen mode while looking at them. F*ck i'm old  because i had to feed them their food and wait for them to finish so i have quite an amount of waiting time. Definitely a new interest.

So that's about it for the first day of CNY and duh! of course we had our very own reunion dinner and feast too. Not gonna left out. On the second day of CNY, we had a very spontaneous trip to the peak,Genting. Talking bout being random,huh.


The thing that i hated the most, cable cars. UGH. We didn't know that the bus trip from One Utama includes the cable ride too, i thought it's the bus ride all the way to the peak wtf. Basically my sister have no problem with the cable car ride, so that leaves me no choice. She was also abit excited for the cable car ride actually, so i'm definitely not going to be the one to ruin the fun. Call me a chicken, i just dont like the feeling of being in constant state of fear throughout the ride just for the freaking view, the view was not really magnificent either,so.


Once entered the cable car, headphones ON! I just need super loud music blasting to my ears to distract me,lol. However, my sis thought camwhoring is a must in the cable car. lol.

Got some free fortune cookies for the indoor theme park tickets. So both of us opened ours during the chill time at Starbucks.It says " You are always surrounded by people that cares about you". you think?

Bought this for the sis cause she's been craving for this forever. Dragon's beard candy. I'm amused by the direct translation. I thought they are called some rock sugar bla bla candy whatevs. It's kind of expensive because they were the packed and sealed kind. If i'm not wrong it's around 12 bucks for a box of 8 pieces. Considering it expensive because i remembered we used to buy it for 4 or 5 bucks from this sifu-lookalike at some stall in Sabah.

That's really about it for our CNY, because right after the third day of CNY, my sis will have her final paper on the 6th day and 7th. So she spent most of her time at home rummaging her notes and for me, i stayed home doing nothing too cause there is no one to go out with,since everyone is back to hometown. boo.




Random pictures of my breakfast during the stay-in days. Definitely going with one of my NY resolutions: eating healthy. I know sausages are not exactly healthy but hey, salad is a good start for a anti-vege like me.

Anyways, now that classes are already starting, i have to really focus this semester. Despite having most of the difficult and theories based paper, as a bonus, there is Final Year Project. Part of me is happy that i finally made it to the final year and another part of me is quite worried about doing the project. I guess i'll just have to think positive and be discipline for my final year. 


For those of you who wanted a fresh start this year, stay positive and always remind yourself of your goals and dreams. I wish you guys the best of luck! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images